We are looking for a full-time therapist to work evenings and weekends, specializing in drug & alcohol treatment. This position is primarily focused on the medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and intensive outpatient program (IOP). Clinicians are responsible for providing a wide range of clinical and clerical duties including group facilitation, individual counseling, family counseling, and documentation/charting in compliance with all state regulations.
- A minimum of one (1) years of direct counseling experience working with individuals who had a primary diagnosis of chemical dependency
- Working knowledge of the DSM-V, with demonstrated ability to recognize the fundamental criteria set for Substance Abuse and Dependence
- A commitment and demonstrated knowledge of a specific Counseling Theory, and demonstrated ability to apply this theory in counseling situations
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of 12 Step Programs
- Prior training and demonstrated skills in the evaluation, diagnosis and referral of individuals with Substance Use Disorders
- Pre-licensed candidates will be considered, however licensure (LPC, LSW, LCSW, CADC or CAADC) is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Available primarily on evenings and weekends
- Manages a full-time caseload of clients in individual, family and group therapy sessions
- Facilitates group therapy, individual therapy, family therapy, psychoeducation groups, lectures and workshops
- Ensures appropriate authorizations for care including screening, assessment, and referral services and is well-versed in admission, continuing care, and discharge criteria as outlined by ASAM
- Completes all necessary and pertinent paperwork that is part of the Client Record
- Attends weekly supervision and staff meetings
- Prepares reports as necessary for all entities involved in the client’s care (i.e. parole)
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Clinical Director
Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line THERAPIST POSITION.